Espacio de desahogo, inspiracion, diversion e informacion... Whatever comes to mind, read at your own risk!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Departed

I have been meaning to talk about this movie. Understand this, I am a movie fan, I go to the theater almost every week. I am open to watching pretty much anything, except horror movies. My philosophy is " I don't pay to be scared, I pay to be entertain".

I went to see "The Departed" with really high hopes, I had read the reviews and read every article; everything was telling me that this should be a good movie. I came up short, "good" doesn't even begin to describe it. It's the best movie I have seen in a long, long time.

Everything turn out well, it is like a puzzle and all of the pieces fit. The writing was great, the direction too... but the acting was magnificent, Leonardo Dicarpio was amazing! Amazing! He was finally believable as a grown up! Matt Damon was great too; but my favorite was Mark Wahlberg. He was blunt! He was an ass! He was awesome!!

Overall, perfect crime / mafia / cop movie, nice ending... unexpected... I believe in the magic of movie making once again!!

0 comments: